General Meetings are held the third Saturday afternoon of every month during the academic year except December, in Room 111-A, Chancellor’s Complex, UCSD Campus. The meetings, which are open to the public as well as to members, provide opportunities for intellectual exchange with experts in their fields. Speakers are drawn from the community, SDIS members, and the local universities who offer presentations on a wide range of subjects.
- Take Interstate 5 to UCSD
- Exit at La Jolla Village Drive. Drive West (towards Ocean).
- First cross street is Villa La Jolla Dr. Turn right. Get in left lane.
- This street intersects with Gilman Drive. You will see the Gilman Parking Structure ahead of you. Continue straight ahead into the Gilman Parking Structure. Parking is free on Saturday, but avoid spaces marked with a red "A". There are stairs and an elevator.
To get to Chancellor's Complex, Room 111A
- Use the stairs or the elevators, and go to the street, Russell Ln. which intersects Gilman Drive
- Walk on Russell Ln. away from Gilman. You will come to a small street that connects with Myers Drive. It is Rupertus Drive. Rupertus is a long block. Walk up it.
- You will come to Myers Drive, which is a circle drive. Cross over Myers Drive and walk toward the right. You will see some one story buildings, coming up on the left, which are a part of the Chancellor's Complex. Price Center is the 3 story building straight ahead of you.
- Keep walking until you see a street only for pedestrians between the Chancellor's Complex and Price Center. Walk up that street. You will see a Room marked 111A. You have arrived!
If you are unable to open the PDF, please download Adobe Reader.